JAMROC is bound by the Privacy Act 1988 and the National Privacy Principles set by the Federal Privacy Commissioner. For more information, visit www.privacy.gov.au.
Collection of personal information
JAMROC’s collects limited personal information such as name, and contact details. In some instances, we also collect information on your occupation, age group and interests. We only collect personal information when you knowingly provide it. For example, we may request personal information from you when you:
- Contact us for further information
- Order online
- Participate in surveys and other types of research
- Enter a promotion, or contest hosted by JAMROC
- Subscribe to our electronic mailing list
- Join JAMROCstar, JAMROC’s loyalty program
- Register your details on our website
- Ask for a quote to be prepared
- Express interest in a particular JAMROC service
- Express interest in a particular JAMROC franchise
- Submit a job application or résumé
Other information we may collect
To evaluate the effectiveness of our online advertising, we may use third parties to collect statistical data. No personal information is collected on these occasions.
How we use your information
JAMROC uses your information to better understand your needs and provide you with better service. Specifically, JAMROC uses personal information:
- To complete a transaction
- To deal with your queries or customer service issues promptly
- To keep you up-to-date with products, services, events or promotions we think would be of particular interest through a variety of channels (you will be able to “opt-out” from this activity at any time)
- For planning, product development or research purposes
Use and disclosure of personal information
We will only send personal information about you to other organisations when:
- We have your consent to share the information
- We need to share your information in order to provide the product or service you have requested
- We need to send your information to companies that are contracted to JAMROC (e.g., IT service providers, web developers)
- We are required or authorised by law to disclose the information
Such information remains under JAMROC custodianship at all times and the agents involved are bound by specific confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements.
Quality of personal information
JAMROC’s goal is to ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete and up-to- date. To assist us with this, please contact JAMROC by email if any of the details you have provided change. Further, if you believe that the information we have about you is not accurate, contact us and we will use all reasonable efforts to correct the information.
No fee applies to correction of personal information.
Access to personal information
Should you wish to access your personal information please contact our community manager by email at [email protected].
If, for any reason, you would like to be removed from our mailing lists, please email our community manager [email protected] and clearly state your full name and email address as it appears on the communication piece you received from JAMROC.
Commitment to data security
JAMROC is committed to ensuring the security of your personal information and we will take all reasonable precaution to protect this information from loss, misuse or alteration.
Changes to this statement